These are streptavidin conjugated Hi-Sur Mag beads with diameter of 1 µm. The magnetic beads are pre-blocked by a layer of BSA before a monolayer of recombinant streptavidin covalently coupled to the surface. The monolayer of streptavidin makes most of the biotin binding sites sterically available for binding of biotinylated nucleic acids, antibodies, or other biotinylated ligands and targets. Their specific and defined surface allow for efficient capture, separation, and downstream handling. The 1 µm Hi-Sur Mag Streptavidin Beads have a large surface area, high capacity, efficient magnetic pull, and a slow sedimentation rate during incubation, which make the beads automation friendly.
- Higher binding capacity than other 1 µm streptavidin conjugated magnetic beads
- Significant low non-specific binding to proteins and nucleic acid
- Easily adapted to automated processes.
- Compatible with PCR reaction
- Better or comparable with Sera Mag Speedbeads Streptavidin Coated Magnetic Particles and Sera Mag Speedbeads Streptavidin Blocked Magnetic Particles.
Hi-Sur Mag Streptavidin Beads have a very wide variety of applications. The applications include assay development, DNA templates preparation, nucleic acids, proteins isolation & cell isolation, large DNA fragments immobilization, sequencing products purification.
One mg of 1 µm Hi-Sur Mag Beads typically binds:
- >7,000 pmoles free biotin
- ~1200 pmol biotinylated peptides
- >60 µg biotinylated IgG
- ~60 µg ds-DNA
- ~1400 pmol ss-oligonucleotides
Product Description: Streptavidin Conjugated Hi-Sur Mag Beads
Solvent: 10 mM PBS, 0.05% NaN3, 2 mM EDTA, 0.1% BSA, pH 7.4
Concentration: 10 mg/mL
Particle Size (nominal): 1 μm
Surface Ligands: Streptavidin
Magnetic Content: >60%
Number of Beads in 1 mL: 1.2×1010
Storage: 2-8 °C; Do not freeze. Keep vial upright.