Drug Loading Services on Iron Oxide Magnetic Nanoparticles
Ocean NanoTech offers custom services to meet customer needs in nanoparticle mediated drug delivery. Our latest custom service offering is the loading of amphipathic drugs such as doxorubicin, an anti-cancer drug, on iron oxide magnetic nanoparticles. Loading is accomplished in autoclaved aqueous solution of 0.15 M NaCl with a pH of 7.5 to 9. Percentage loading is established through optical detection of doxorubicin before and after exposure to the nanoparticles. Lead time for this service is 1-2 weeks depending upon availability of the chosen nanoparticles. Customers must provide the drugs to be loaded into the nanoparticles.
Iron Oxide Magnetic Nanoparticle Drug loading services are for:
1. Drug loading on 10 or 50 mg mg iron oxide nanocrystals (Catalog #SHA or SHP). The ratio of drugs to nanocrystals will be based on the customer needs as well as based on the stability of the drug-nanocrystal complex.
2. Purification of the drug-nanocrystal complex to remove excess drugs. Loss in the loaded drugs may occur during the purification process.
These are the Technical Data provided with the custom drug-loading services:
- Hydrodynamic size before and after drug loading
- Iron oxide magnetic nanocrystals concentration
- %Drug loading efficiency that is based on absorbance or fluorescence signal of the drug (or other properties specified by the customer)
IMPORTANT NOTE: The drug must be provided by the customer in excess for the following reasons:
1) Loss during loading and purification
2) Quality control testing
3) Characterization before and after drug loading
$600 for 10 mg (excluding the price for the Nanocrystals)
$ 1500 for 50 mg (excluding the price for the Nanocrystals)
Discount will be provided for bulk quantities. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 858-689-8808.